Caroline Starr Rose is back, and she’s joining me today to talk about her historical fiction, plus she’s sharing inspiration for young authors and tips for introducing novels in verse to our kids.
Listen in as we discuss:
- the picture book she wrote about the wetlands after Hurricane Katrina
- what research looks like for a historical fiction author
- 4 novels in verse to share with younger children
- the book Sarah read-aloud… to herself!
Kids will be so inspired to hear about Caroline’s research and writing process, so gather ’round!
Click that play button below to hear the podcast:
Books from this episode:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Links from today’s show:
- RAR Premium Membership – Get on the waiting list now
- RAR #15 Poetry Read-Alouds for Parents Who Are Intimidated by Poetry (Caroline’s previous episode!)
- To Build a Fire by Jack London
- More about Forrest Fenn’s Riddle
- Book darts!
- Caroline’s site
- A fun poem Caroline wrote about the Jasper research process
- Don’t miss Caroline’s picture book, Over in the Wetlands, written after Hurricane Katrina:
RAR Premium Membership opens soon!
Request Invitation to RAR Premium
While you wait for your invitation to Premium Membership, we'll send you
instant access to the Andrew Clements video replay