Hold on to your hats everyone – I am sharing one of my very favorite middle grade series in this episode. I’m chatting with both my daughter Allison and someone who just might be my favorite living author, Jonathan Rogers.
Jonathan is author of the fantastic Winderking series, which has been described as a cross between Tolkien and Twain.
In this episode, we tackle:
- whether characters in books should serve as role models… or not
- the way stories inspire us to live a better story ourselves
- how Narnia tells more truth than a non-fiction book
Plus, Allison asks Jonathan about writing his trilogy, and he tells a great story about the origin of some of his characters. You don’t want to miss it!
Click that play button below to hear the podcast:
Books from this episode:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Links from today’s show:
- The audiobook versions of The Bark of the Bog Owl and The Way of the Wilderking are now available!
- RAR #44: Magic and Fear in Children’s Books, N.D. Wilson
- The Jonathan Rogers website
- Writing courses by Jonathan Rogers
- More wonderful resources from The Rabbit Room