The first time Nancy Carpentier Brown read G.K. Chesterton’s work, she didn’t just hate it – she actually burned the book!
But things certainly changed. Nancy now not only works with the American Chesterton Society, she is a leading expert on Frances Chesterton, and a much-requested speaker on both Gilbert and Frances Chesterton.
She’s also the author of The Father Brown Reader I & II, The Chestertons and the Golden Key, and The Woman Who Was Chesterton.
Nancy joined us for this episode to talk:
- about introducing kids Chesterton and his work
- learning more about Chesterton yourself as a parent
- where to start when you’re overwhelmed!
Also: I may have possibly read aloud during this episode. And even whipped out my British accent to do it. Maybe. Possibly. ;)
Click that play button below to hear the podcast:
Books from this episode:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Links from today’s show:
- Leave a question for our upcoming Q&A Episode! Go here and scroll to the bottom of the page to leave a message.
- Nancy’s blog
- Chesterton Press
- American Chesterton Society
- The Emancipation of Domesticity
- Tremendous Trifles on LibriVox
- Discover Chesterton (reading plans)
- The Ball and the Cross
- The Ballad of the White Horse
- Mystery! Mystery! – Jim Weiss
- Jim Weiss RAR Episodes: 04 and 05
- The Detective with Sir Alec Guiness
- Hillside Education
- Visit the RAR shop here