Reading aloud is a treat, and Carole Joy Seid wants us to remember that every time we pick up a book to share with our kids.
In this episode, she is joining us again to talk about the Golden Age of Children’s Literature. Some of these books may be new to you, and some you may have heard of before, but wondered if they would stand the test of time and still make great read-alouds. (Hint: They do!)
You’re going to want to listen carefully – Carole shares tons of great suggestion with her signature enthusiasm from authors like:
- Lois Lenski
- the d’Aulaires
- Howard Pyle and more!
These books will definitely help your family build memories around the moments spent cuddled together reading.
Click that play button below to hear the podcast!
Books from this episode:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Links from today’s show:
- Read-Aloud Revival on Instagram where we give away LOTS of books!
- RAR #22: Read Good Book. The End. Carole Joy Seid
- Carole’s site
- RAR #31: Reading Aloud for History, Rea Berg
- Beautiful Feet Books
- RAR #43: Raising Kids Who Read, Daniel Willingham
- Carole’s Great Books Course
- The RAR Booklist