When I first saw Rebecca Bellingham’s TedX talk, Why We Should All Be Reading Aloud to Children, I was so moved that I watched it twice in a row. Then I shot a note off to the Read-Aloud Revival podcast manager: “can we get her on the podcast?”
And we did. :) You’re in for a treat in this first episode of season 9!
Rebecca and I discuss:
- the theater of reading aloud
- having difficult discussions around books
- Rebecca’s tips for sharing enthusiasm for books with our kids
Click that play button below to hear the podcast!
Books from this episode:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Links from today’s show:
- Rebecca Bellingham’s TEDx talk (watch this! you’ll be so glad you did)
- Pam Barnhill’s post: My Mama Won’t Talk Funny: Exciting Read-Alouds Without Character Voices
- The No. 1 Ladies’ Detective Agency (audiobook)
- The RAR Booklist (Get audio and Librivox recommendations here too!