You very likely know and love him already, so listen in while I chat with Jim Weiss about tips and tricks for reading aloud.
This was such an awesome conversation that I split it into two episodes!
In this episode Jim:
- gives the scoop on creating great character voices to engage your kids
- shares how to keep your voice strong when you read aloud a LOT!
- even tells us what to do when we’re feeling drowsy (not that parents ever get drowsy while reading aloud, right?)
Episode 4 Show Notes:
My conversation with Jim-
- Greathall Productions (49 great audio recordings by Jim!)
- Stories for drifting off at night: Good Night and Sweet Dreams
- Jim’s video interviews with Rebecca Keliher from HEDUA
My conversation with Pam-
- Traveling Through the Pages Summer Reading Program
- Better World Books (good deals on used books)
- Book Sale Finder (find a library book sale near you!)
- Pam’s Summer Reading Pinterest boards (lots of ideas for creative book displays)
Many thanks to all the kids on this episode’s Let the Kids Speak! The books recommended are: