You very likely know and love him already, so listen in while I chat with Jim Weiss about tips and tricks for reading aloud.
This was such an awesome conversation that I split it into two episodes!
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- gives the scoop on creating great character voices to engage your kids
- shares how to keep your voice strong when you read aloud a LOT!
- even tells us what to do when we’re feeling drowsy (not that parents ever get drowsy while reading aloud, right?)
More free resources and booklists
Get the best episodes and reources
from the Read-Aloud Revival
Links from this Episode:
- Stories for drifting off at night: Good Night and Sweet Dreams
- Jim’s video interviews with Rebecca Keliher from HEDUA
My conversation with Pam-
- Traveling Through the Pages Summer Reading Program
- Better World Books (good deals on used books)
- Book Sale Finder (find a library book sale near you!)
- Pam’s Summer Reading Pinterest boards (lots of ideas for creative book displays)
Books from this episode:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
By the wonderful E.B. White, a touching tale of friendship, character and love, with charming illustrations by Garth Williams. Your kids will hang on every word—there's a reason this book is a classic! (psst... get out the Kleenex)
FROM THE PUBLISHER
E. B. White's Newbery Honor Book is a tender novel of friendship, love, life, and death that will continue to be enjoyed by generations to come. It contains illustrations by Garth Williams, the acclaimed illustrator of E. B. White's Stuart Little and Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House series, among many other books.
More info →
You may know E.B. White best from Charlotte's Web or Stuart Little, but his delightful storytelling shines in this book, which beautifully describes both the natural world, and the nature of friendship. Get a free Family Book Club Guide to go with it right here.
FROM THE PUBLISHER:
Like the rest of his family, Louis is a trumpeter swan. But unlike his four brothers and sisters, Louis can't trumpet joyfully. In fact, he can't even make a sound. And since he can't trumpet his love, the beautiful swan Serena pays absolutely no attention to him.More info →
**Description from Amazon: The five Mitchell children are based on the author's own family. In the first of three books about their adventures, Daddy has just gone off to World War II. One of his final words to his daughter Joan is, No dogs! She would dearly love such a pet, but life is full and so many new friends-pets as we...More info →
**Description from Amazon: A long time ago there lived over the waters, a Duchess, a Duke and their family of daughters. Everything went smoothly and happily in this large family, until one day the Duchess decided to make: A lovely light luscious delectable cake - adding yeast six times for good measure! So the cake rose, and...More info →