If you’ve listened to the Read-Aloud Revival podcast much, you probably know I’m a huge fan of The Green Ember. I think it’s the best book my kids and I read together all year long. You’ll understand, then, why I was so excited to chat with Zach Franzen, the illustrator of The Green Ember for today’s show.
I was floored by how insightful Zach is – how much careful thought and real consideration goes into his work.
In this episode, we discuss:
- whether illustrations help or hinder a child’s imagination
- why illustrations deeply matter
- how one simple sentence helped him to realize he was an artist
Click that play button below to hear the podcast!
Books we talked about during the show:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Other links from this episode:
- Zach’s guest blog post about Hospitality and the Holy Imagination
- Find Zach on Instagram
- Visit Zach at his website