In this episode, Allison Burr and I tackled the questions that I’m getting asked a lot about reading aloud.
- Do your kids read twaddle?
- How did you get your husband on board?
- How do you organize books?
- What do you do if you start a book and no one likes it?
- How do you handle bad attitudes from your kids?
I answer all of those and more. Click the play button below to hear the podcast!
Click that play button below to hear the podcast!
Books we talked about during the show:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Other links from this episode:
- Allison’s amazing site and podcasts: Truth Beauty Goodness
- You can get The Hobbit (or any other audio book) for free by signing up for a 30-day trial at Audible.
- A selection of reading logs to aid in build proficiency among newly independent readers.
- Allison’s Restoration Hardware bookcases.
- Andrew Pudewa discusses reading aloud to older kids in Episode #1.
- Melissa Wiley discusses utilizing “pegs” in your daily routine in Episode #7.
- Jamie Martin shares tips on reading aloud during mealtimes in Episode #11.
- Mystie Winckler gives insight on incorporating the spoken word into the day, when you don’t particularly love reading aloud, in Episode #14.
- Jim Weiss encourages you to always pick a book or a story that you love in Episode #4.