Do you enjoy reading aloud? I know a whole lot of people who don’t. But just because you don’t enjoy reading aloud doesn’t mean you can’t build your family culture around books.
Today on the Read-Aloud Revival podcast, I chat with Mystie Winckler about how audio books can make a huge difference in your family’s habit of shared reading.
This episode isn’t just for those who don’t enjoy reading aloud, though- it’s for anyone curious about how to use audio books to leverage more read-aloud time in your home. Mystie is the go-to audio book girl, and in this episode, she tells us where she gets them, how she finds them for cheap (especially during Audible’s Listener Rewards Month, which is happening right now), and which devices her kids use to listen to them.
Click that play button below to hear the podcast!
Audio Books mentioned during the show:
Other Books mentioned during the show:
Links from this episode:
- Mystie’s resources on how to get free and cheap audio books on Audible
- My post about reading The Hobbit (shhh! Don’t tell Mystie I’m linking to this one!)
- See if your library has Overdrive so you can borrow audio books for FREE!
- Get a free audio book on Audible when you sign up for a free trial here.
- Librivox offers free audio books in the public domain.