Do you enjoy reading aloud? I know a whole lot of people who don’t. But just because you don’t enjoy reading aloud doesn’t mean you can’t build your family culture around books.
Today on the Read-Aloud Revival podcast, I chat with Mystie Winckler about how audio books can make a huge difference in your family’s habit of shared reading.
This episode isn’t just for those who don’t enjoy reading aloud, though- it’s for anyone curious about how to use audio books to leverage more read-aloud time in your home.
Mystie is the go-to audio book girl, and in this episode, she tells us:
- where she gets them
- how she finds them for cheap (especially during Audible’s Listener Rewards Month)
- and which devices her kids use to listen to them
Click that play button below to hear the podcast!
Audio Books mentioned during the show:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Other Books mentioned during the show:
Links from this episode:
- Mystie’s resources on how to get free and cheap audio books on Audible
- My post about reading The Hobbit (shhh! Don’t tell Mystie I’m linking to this one!)
- See if your library has Overdrive so you can borrow audio books for FREE!
- Get a free audio book on Audible when you sign up for a free trial here.
- Librivox offers free audio books in the public domain.