Alice Ozma is the author of The Reading Promise: My Father and the Books We Shared. If you read nothing else this year, read this book. I mean it.
I swallowed it and immediately knew I had to have Alice on the show. The book is moving, funny, heart-wrenching, and is a big huge kick in the pants. There is no way you can finish it without being completely motivated to read read read to your kids.
In today’s episode of the Read-Aloud Revival, I chat with Alice about:
- the power of reading aloud every single day for eight years
- how it formed a bond between her father and herself
- how you can work in reading aloud into the smallest spaces of your day (or night!)
Books from today’s podcast:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
The Let the Kids Speak books recommended this episode are:
Other links from this episode:
- Make a Reading Promise– Alice’s website
- You can get Alice’s book at Barnes & Noble, Amazon, or find it locally at IndieBound.
- There’s an audio version of the book (read by Alice!) at Audible.