Alice Ozma is the author of The Reading Promise: My Father and the Books We Shared. If you read nothing else this year, read this book. I mean it.
I swallowed it and immediately knew I had to have Alice on the show. The book is moving, funny, heart-wrenching, and is a big huge kick in the pants. There is no way you can finish it without being completely motivated to read read read to your kids.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- the power of reading aloud every single day for eight years
- how it formed a bond between her father and herself
- how you can work in reading aloud into the smallest spaces of your day (or night!)
More free resources and booklists
Get the best episodes and reources
from the Read-Aloud Revival
Books from this episode:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Links from this episode:
- Make a Reading Promise– Alice’s website
- You can get Alice’s book at Barnes and Noble, Amazon, or find it locally at IndieBound.
- There’s an audio version of the book (read by Alice!) at Audible.