Did you know that every book is a mystery, and all readers are detectives?
In this episode of the Read-Aloud Revival Podcast, I chat with Lawrence Goldstone, author of Deconstructing Penguins: Parents, Kids, and the Bond of Reading. He’ll tell why you become a sleuth when you pick any book of the shelf, explain how ordinary parents can start parent child book clubs, and share surprising insights on the relationships forged when parents and kids share books together.
Ways to Listen to the Read-Aloud Revival Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button beneath the image on this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Find the podcast in iTunes and on Stitcher.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you’d like to get an email whenever a new episode is ready, just pop your email into this page.
Episode 8 Show Notes:
- Deconstructing Penguins: Parents, Kids, and the Bond of Reading by Lawrence & Nancy Goldstone
- The feature Larry wrote for the Book Reporter: TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY and Other Surprises
- The bloggers I enjoy reading who have started their own book clubs based on the Goldstones’ book: Mt. Hope Chronicles and Here in the Lovely Woods
- Larry’s website: http://lawrencegoldstone.com, Nancy’s website: http://nancygoldstone.com
Plus- remember that you can get a free audiobook when you sign up to try Audible.