In this brand new episode of the Read-Aloud Revival, we tackle one of the most frequently asked questions we get at the Read-Aloud Revival…
“How much reading should I assign?”
It must be something we all wonder about- how do you know what that balance should be between how much reading should be assigned versus how much reading they do freely on their own? When do we need to push a little more, and how do we know that we can back off?
I’m chatting with Mystie Winckler about just that, and I think you’re going to get a nice deeeep breath after hearing what Mystie has to say in this episode.
Click that play button below to hear the podcast!
Books from this episode:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Links from today’s show:
- A *NEW* read-aloud challenge is happening now. Find out more here!
- Episode 14 with Mystie: For Parents Who Don’t Like Reading Aloud
- Episode 42 with Greta Eskridge: Inspiring Parents in Children’s Literature
- Episode 43 with Daniel Willingham: Raising Kids Who Read
- Episode 13 with Marie Rippel: Learning to Read – What to do with Your Struggling Reader
- Sarah’s post, Series Books that Will Turn Your Struggling Reader into a Voracious Reader
- The RAR Guide to Great Conversations with Your Kids About Books
- The RAR Booklist
Grab the RAR Guide to Great Conversations with Your Kids About Books: