What might a dad’s role be in a read-aloud home? And how can books shape our boys into the men we hope they’ll become?
On today’s show, Martin Cothran from Memoria Press chats with me about just that. Scroll down to listen.
P.S. If you aren’t getting email updates about all the crazy wonderful things we have happening at the Revival in 2016, go here and pop your email into the page. Over 23,000 others already do.
Click that play button below to hear the podcast!
Show Notes from today’s podcast:
Books from this episode:
(All links are Amazon affiliate links.)
Books from today’s episode:
- Little House on the Prairie
- Little Orvie
- Holy Bible, King James Version
- The Moffets
- The Dog Who Wouldn’t Be
- Farmer Boy
- The Homegrown Preschooler
- The Green Ember
- Anne of Green Gables
- Dr. Seuss’s books
- The Natural History of Make-Believe
- Edward Lear’s books
- The Father Brown Reader
- Little Britches
- The Hobbit
- P.G. Wodehouse’s books
Other links from today’s show:
- For more information about membership, head here
- Coming up Jan. 17 — Live Author Event with Jonathan Bean, author of This is My Home, This is My School, and so much more!
- Memorial Press Online Academy
- The Classical Teacher
- The Literature of Life, Martin’s post about reading connecting his children with family friends
- The Lady of Shallot — the poem that Anne just can NOT read silently!
- The Dangerous Article for Boys by Martin Cothran (with an accompanying book list)