I’m really excited about today’s podcast! I got to chat with Tsh Oxenreider from The Art of Simple. We talked about the ebb and flow of family life and its impact on reading aloud, how her family makes reading aloud a priority even while traveling around the world, and how books are basically comfort food. :)
Ways to Listen to the Read-Aloud Revival Podcast
Podcasts are radio shows that you can listen to at your convenience. You don’t have to have an iPod or smart phone to listen.
- Listen right here on the blog. Click through to the site and click the little play button below the image on this post.
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch. Find the podcast in iTunes and on Stitcher.
- Subscribe to get updates. If you’d like to get an email whenever a new episode is ready or get FREE access to the Read-Aloud Revival Jumpstart Challenge, click “join the revival” on this page.
Episode 3 Show Notes:
Sources for audio books:
- Greathall Productions- stories ready by Jim Weiss
- Little House in the Big Woods on CD, read by Cherry Jones (the whole series is fantastic!)
Books that Tsh recommended during the show:
- Story of the World (read aloud by Jim Weiss)
- The Child’s Story Bible by Catherine Vos
- Frog & Toad series by Arnold Lobel
- Pooh’s Library: Winnie the Pooh, The House at Pooh Corner, Now We are Six, When We Were Very Young by A.A. Milne
- A Bear Called Paddington by Michael Bond
- A Collection of Just So Stories read aloud by Jim Weiss
- Honey for a Child’s Heart by Gladys Hunt (an excellent booklist!)
- City Dog, Country Frog by Mo Willems
- The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson
- Mt. Hope Chronicles (a blog Tsh likes to read for book suggestions)
- Traveling Through the Pages (the summer reading program at Everyday Snapshots)